Colossians 3:15 (KJV)
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
There certain things in life we desire most and we do everything possible to achieve such things. One of such is to have peace of mind. All over the world, people are seeking for peace. And indeed, peace of mind is the antidote to many living chronic diseases such as high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, stroke, stress, and the list goes on and on.
How do we achieve peace? Unfortunately, it is not something you achieve, it is something given.
Peace comes from our relationship with God through Christ. It is a gift from God even so with such a gift, it requires that we receive it and apply ourselves to it for it to work in our lives.
Peace of mind is the key to healthy relationships and healthy living. Without peace and harmony, things are always going to go crazy. So to avoid being driven by the wind of life’s problems and turmoil, let us consider how we can allow the peace of God rule in our hearts.
- We must not only accept Christ, but we must also grow in our knowledge of Him and the Word of God. Knowing that peace of mind is tied to knowing the promises of God and accepting such promises as that which is true for us.
- We must develop faith in God. And take Him at His word.
- We must develop a God-centric and Christ-centric worldview. That is anchored on the Truth of who God is and what He can do so that when the storms of life come our anchor will hold.
- We must develop an attitude of gratitude. Oh, a person of gratitude is always at peace. Gratitude is necessary for life. Learn to be grateful for where you are today even as you aspire to something better tomorrow.
- Avoid negativity and negative people who are always carrying bad news. Don’t allow such Spirits to pollute your mind.
- Stay in prayers always. Be thankful in your prayers and intercede for others. There is a kind of peace that comes to you through prayer and especially when you pray for the needs of others.
If you consider the scripture very well, you will notice that your choice is required for the peace of God to be present in your life. It also requires that you and I be thankful. So thankfulness is an attitude that grantees peace of mind.
Without peace of mind, fruitfulness is impossible, so learn to allow the peace of God rule in your heart.